It’s time to recognize the physicians, administrators and caregivers who keep our community healthy.
Knox.biz is accepting nominations for the 14th annual Health Care Heroes awards program, presented by First Horizon and Lincoln Memorial University.
Each year, Health Care Heroes recognizes the outstanding medical professionals making a difference across East Tennessee.
Anyone can nominate a Health Care Hero by filling out the nomination form found below or by visiting knoxnews.wufoo.com/forms/health-care-heroes-2022/. Nominations close May 23 at 11:59 p.m.
Award recipients will be featured in the September issue of Knox.biz magazine, online at knoxnews.com and at a special awards luncheon.
This year, Knox.biz will award recipients in the following six categories:
- Lifetime Achievement
- Medical Excellence: Physician
- Medical Excellence: Non-Physician
- Community Outreach
- Pandemic and Vaccination Leadership
- Public Health Advocacy
For more information about this program, please contact Brenna McDermott at email@example.com.
- Dena Mashburn, Director of Nursing, Knox County Health Department
- Dr. Martha Buchanan, Director, Knox County Health Department
- Dr. Mark Browne, Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Covenant Health and Debbi Honey, Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer, Covenant Health
- Cynthia Finch, Founder, New Direction Health Care Solutions
- Dr. Keith Gray, Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, University of Tennessee Medical Center
- Epidemiology team, Knox County Health Department
- Donde Plowman, Chancellor, University of Tennessee at Knoxville and Dr. Spencer Gregg, director of the Student Health Center, University of Tennessee at Knoxville